Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Saved by Love


He used to be a drug addict,
He got stuck before he knew it.
When he first started it was just for fun,
But one thing led to another.
Let me tell you what; he became that man,
Who can't live one more day, unless he injects one?
 



He said to his body; "ask me no more!
I don't want this life; I am going to move on."
It wasn't as easy as he thought it would be,
He wanted some support but he couldn't get any.
People kept judging him and gave him some advice;
which  left him with sadness and so many regrets,

He kept asking himself; "What did I do?
How can I get out? Can somebody help me?
Can somebody love me? Why are you judging me?
I don't want this life; I need another chance,
I want to get out and become a different man."




Then he heard a voice and he felt the love he needs,
“Come to me my child let me set you free
Come out from among them,
And be separate says the Lord.
Do not touch what is unclean 
And I will receive you, 
I will be a father to you,
And you shall be my son."
2nd Corinthians 17-18

 










So, he did what he asked him
Now he can say “I am finally free!”
He is Free to love, he is free to give
The rest of my friends? The rest is history...

 

He who judges me is the lord. Therefore judge nothing before the time until the Lord comes, who both will bring to light the hidden things of darkness and reveal the counsels of the hearts.”  1 Corinthians 4-5
 
I dedicate this poem to all my brothers and sisters who suffered or suffering from addiction. May you be new again by his love and grace.  May the Lord touch your life and help you carry any burden or regrets you may have from your past… May your past life be a lesson to others and your future as bright as the stars…

Photo Credit: Shutterstock, abc preachers, mind motivation.com


2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness..What life-giving words.
    These words are inspirational and empowering! I picture Jesus standing and speaking these words.

    Amen. Amen.
    Love you, little sister.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you my sister! Yes I belive he was standing and speaking this words to the broken hearted. May all eyes be on him and his glory. I love you!

    ReplyDelete