Wednesday, December 5, 2012

The 5 steps of prayer

I am to enter your gate in thanks giving,
This makes me so happy there is no more grieving.
Either I am happy or I feel blue and sad,
Specifically thanking you one by one;
For what you have done for me makes some so glad.

I thank you for what you have done throughout the day,
For my health, love, and peace; friends and family.
I thank you for the peace in my mind and body,
Even the little things you give me day by day.

I also praise you lord, for what you are every day,
For your undying love, glory and mercy;
For creating the world, and creating the sea,
For not lacking any thing because you are holly.
After thanks giving I confess all my sins,
Because of your mercy  you gave me salvation.
When I confess my sin I know I am wrong,
I become so clean, sin can hold me no more.


 I bow down and ask for what I need every day,
Though you know what I want, you like to hear me say.
I ask for my daily bread, and everything else I dreamed,
Expecting the best to give me what I need.

I pray for others even my enemies,
Once I pray for them they no longer will be.
I pray for the poor and I pray for the rich ,
My family and neighbors and my closest friends;
 Every one in my mind that needs a prayer,
I give you one by one to god my savior.

I spent some time reading the bible,
To hear you speak to me so it is not one way done.
I meditate and think and try to understand,
Your wonderful wisdom my soul needs so bad.

Starting every prayer with thankfulness makes our prayer life so much more enjoyable. Not only God is delighted when we open our prayer with thanksgiving,  it will also  make it easier for us to see our blessings and we become so much more appreciative of what we have. Daily prayer is as important to our soul as food is to our body. The best way to encurage our selves  to pray daily and make our prayer time more effective is to have an organized prayer. I found the 5 steps of prayer listed below very helpful. Which is why I wanted to share them with you.
1.       Thanking God for what he has done for us and who he is
2.       Confessing our sins
3.       Asking for our needs
4.       Praying for others
5.       Meditating on his word
Wsley L. Duewel said it best when he wrote about the importance of prayer "Time waiting on God in prayer is never lost. From your prespective there may be much waiting and apparent delay. From God's prespective your waiting in extended prayer is an investment."  so lets pray and encourage others to do so as well.

" Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask in prayer, belive that you have recived it, and it will be yours. And when you stand praying, if you hold anything against anyone, forgive him, so that your father in heaven my forgive you your sins." Mark 11:24-15

No comments:

Post a Comment