Monday, November 5, 2012

If you only knew

If you knew how much it hurts,
Not having a place to rest;
Being cold out on the dust,
I know you would lend your hands.
If you only knew how it feels to starve,
Not being able to feed my child;
to feel desperate and to feel so sad,
I know you would lend your hands.
 
If you knew how it feels to beg,
Not being able to stand on my legs;
To be looked down by others,
To make them feel so bothered;
I know you would lend your hands.
If you knew how it feels to doubt,
Without knowing what to do next;
When my wife dies on my hands,
And my child cries on my lap;
I know you would lend your hands.
If you knew how it feels to lack;

No one to hug no hands to hold,
To feel lonely out on the sand;
I know you would lend your hands.
 
Now you know how it feels,
To be me out on the fields,
Could you help me my brothers;
Would you help me, my sisters,
Thank you for feeling my pain;
May God bless you again and again.

"But this I say: He who sows sparingly will also reap sparingly, and he who sows bountifully will also reap bountifully. So let each one give as he purposes in his heart, not grudgingly or of necessity; for god love a cheerful giver. 2nd Corinthians 9:6-7


Photo Credit: thesimplehouse.com,steve Mccury, 123rf.com, Charles Maccau, reddit.com

6 comments:

  1. I could write a whole book about this. Life....what is life any way if we don't share...or give a little bit?
    I’ve sensed God wanting me to be thankful for what I have left, so I just send up little sentences of thanks throughout the day and give a little for same one who need my help. You’ve got me thinking now about what I could be doing differently....and more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing what is on your heart. I think it helps all of us to hear when such a strong christian Ethiopian women shows us her ministry. I never meet anyone in this subject, If you know what I mean!
    I so needed to hear this today. I struggled for hours last night (missing out on my precious sleep). Thank you for reminding me that some one out there is missing out her/ his meal.
    Thank you so much for sharing this with all of us.
    God Bless You and keep you in a sound mind and strong soul.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you! I am so happy God used this blog to make you feel better about your situation. My prayer goes out to you. God Bless.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful blog! So full of wisdom, feeling, love and soul. This is a great work you're doing!! God bless!!!

    ReplyDelete