Thursday, November 1, 2012

The storm

During my trip across the Sea of Galilee,
A big storm came up and tried to sink me;
Tossed with waves in the midst of the sea,
I was trapped in fear at the base of the valley.
I didn't know what to do, so I asked him to help me;
I said “master do something I am about to sink.
Then he said to me….
Oh, you little faith why do you doubt?
In the midst of the storm be a good cheer;
It is I, who is beside you do not fear.
If you just put your eyes upon me,
I will pull your hand out of the sea.

I am not another trial or another problem,
I am not a ghost or difficulty but I am your savior.
Be thrilled about it and look at what happens;
In the final moment of your crisis.

If you look at me just for a moment,
I guarantee you, you will be in peace.
I don’t want to watch you drawn, or carry your fear,
But I want to see your breath and be a good cheer.  

Don’t go back to your own hopelessness,
When your are tossed around with waves;
Don’t turn back to your own resources,
Rejoice my child just rejoices.
I know the despondency of your situation,
But I promise I will be the absolute solution.
"And he arose, and rebuked the wind, and said unto the sea, Peace, be still. And the wind ceased, and there was a great calm.  And he said unto them, Why are ye so fearful? How is it that ye have no faith?  And they feared exceedingly, and said one to another, What manner of man is this, that even the wind and the sea obey him?
Matthew 8:23-27

Photo Credit: Justforkidsmeagazine.com, harkphoto.com Wonorwood.com

2 comments:

  1. Hope in the Storm…Negat, I love this post!..
    Remember? The disciples where trained seamen (fisherman) and yet, they became frightened after they had done all they knew to steady the boat. I think it is good that one should both hope and quietly wait for the salvation of the Lord.
    Matthew 8:23-27 is one of my favorite words in the Bible because I know that.... through storm and through rain, God will be here.
    Thank you for this

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes that is a good point (trained fisher men) by the way the poem is based on a combination of Matthew 8:23-27 and Matthew 14:23-32 different senarios but same messages; like you said " God will be there to take care of any difficulties we may have in our lives. We just have to trust him". Thank you for your insight.

    ReplyDelete