Wednesday, September 26, 2012

I've never met you

I never met you,
But my soul knows who you are;             
I hear the cries of your heart
The longing of your soul.
I never met you, 
But somehow I know you.
I feel the sweetness of your dreams,                           

And the sad truth when you're awake.  
Image credit desktopnexus.com
Yes, I have never seen you,                                 
But I could see the pain through your eyes;
I feel the wetness of your tears.
I never hugged you,
Though I feel the coldness of your body;
Your longing for human contacts.
 
Image Credit: Patti Seigh
I never heard your voice,
Somehow I can hear you begging;
Begging for attention and love.
Why do I know you so well?
But I never met you?
Why do I feel your pain?
Answer me, my dear;
Was I supposed to find you?
Was I supposed to help you?
Was I supposed to love you?



















"We know that we have passed from death to life because we love the brethren. He
who does not love his brother abides in death." 1 John3:15

6 comments:

  1. I am honored to be one of your first followers. - love the name and your header. I am so excited that you decided to make this journey of blogging. I can't wait to follow all of your beautiful wisdom and inspiration.
    A brilliant poem, I love it, who wrote it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Bereket Decor. I am your biggest fan as well. I hope I will be able to inspire others as much as you do. I wrote the poem...

      Delete
  2. This is a wonderful poem with many possibilities for interpretation. On one hand it gives me a sense og seeking after divine power and spirit which is hidden in the person and difficult to grasp. I never met you,
    But my soul knows who you are; that sounds too religious and spiritual.Because our soul usually sense the Almighty God. On the other hand it shows the mysticism of love that a lover is always after the beloved eventhough the beloved doesn't open its emotions and feelings. The romantic side of the poem is that the lover is a die hard lover who never give up loving without demanding the other part to show its feelings. I love it!!!!! Leoul Mekonen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! what a beautiful comment. I love how you analyzed that. Yes I guess it can go either way. When I was writing the poem I had a homeless person in my mind, but once I finished it I was actualy surprised by how it turned out...who knows what I was thinking subconsciously:).Thanks for a very thoghtful insight.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Negat

    Iam happy that you like my comments. I wish I could write such mysterious poem like yours. i wish you see some of my poems. I am son of The Arbegna that , I can write patriotic poems. check my poems if you have time.
    http://www.poemhunter.com/leoul-mekonen/

    Leo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Leoul! I am very honored to have such a compliment from a poet like you. I sent you a message through your link, but it wouldn't let me comment under your poems. Hopefully you got it.

      Delete