Thursday, November 8, 2012

Reaching for the Moon


Reaching for the moon coming back empty hand,
Tears rolling heartbreaking, maybe I am just dreaming;
When others look at me and ask me what happened,
I don’t know what to say, so I keep on smiling.
They keep asking….
"Did you reach the moon yet, isn’t it what you need?
Did you get closer, touched it and felt the heat?
How long has it been since you have been trying?
Don’t wait too long sweetheart time is flying. "
I thank them for their advice and I say I will try,
You are right my friends’ time really flies.
Though I know in my heart the sleepless nights,
The courage it took, my prayers and my thoughts;
How I wished and dreamed how much I tried,
How much I want to say, I got a hold of it.

Oh, sweet moon why are you far away?
You made the sky your field to play with my mind,
When I come near to you, you run away and hide;
When I give up and walk you shine your light,
Should I just let you go, or should I keep on waiting?
Do you need some time, or should I quit trying?


Maybe it is time to let you reach for me,
Come to me sweet moon before it is too late;
The sun has been waiting to take over your place,
But If you come on time we can all celebrate.

Do you sometimes feel like you are so far away from your dream? Does it feel like you are trying to reach for the moon? Whatever your dream may be, and no matter how far it may seem; don’t give up. Keep on trying and keep on praying and wait for God to do his work because god’s timing is a lot different than our timing.  The scripture tells us  "The Lord is good to those who wait for him, to the soul who seeks him. It is good one should hope and wait quietly for the salvation of the lord " Lamentation 3: 25-26  God always acts, but not according to our schedule, but his. Sometimes his plan may be a lot different than ours, so keep on listening for God’s guidance.  In the meantime don't forget to show your visible love to others who are also trying to achieve the simple things in life, such as food, water,  clothing, and  shelter. These things may look simple to us, but for those who are in need, it may feel as if they are trying to reach for the moon. when we bless others we will also be blessed and get one step closer to our dreams...
Photo credit: betterthansurviving.com, care2 blog,  livewalpaper.net, androidzoom.com

4 comments:

  1. Negat, I so identify! It seems there's so much to DO or reach...but G-d is saying I will do, you are to listen, rest and follow. and when life says go, go, that's when G-d says no, no.
    "Be still in know that I am God. Even thou when sometimes feel like I'm so far away from my dream or trying to reach for the moon....chereka dembuloka...
    Thank you for sharing your heart with me to remind me of how He is at work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Berry!(Bereket Decor) I always enjoy your comments. I guess Cherekea Demuloka now have a whole lots of different meaning:)

      Delete
  2. I'm bereketdecor follower and I'm always enjoy your comments there was a time I want to see your blog but for some reasons I came to pass in those days but today I believe the Lord led me to your site. I’m excited to be a part of your blog. I have been a christian for a long time and feel that I need to get back to a deeper relationship with the Lord. I hoping this will be one of the step toward that goal to shape up my soul.
    By the way, I guess the real beauty of Inside and outside runs In the Family. you guys are rock to our community. keep up the good work and Lord work.
    ( I lost my pass I'm Mimi)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mimi, I am so happy you decided to a part of this blog. Thank you for sharing your thoughts. It is funny I read your comments a couple of times on BereketDecor's as well,and I thought you comments were so genuine and sweet and enjoyed reading them. It is my prayer the Lord may continue to work on your heart and bring you to a deeper relationship with him. Please sign up where it says Join this sight on the top right hand side of this blog, so you can be notfied when ever there is a new post. God Bless.

      Delete