Monday, January 16, 2017

The gift I carry with me

Once I was given a gift I wasn't supposed to keep.
It was to spread my wings, and bring hope to the eyes that weep
Fly around the world, carry the broken hearted;
Free the prisoners of the head, Wipe the tears of the dead
Flood the earth with hope, cover the wounded souls
March around and shout how love really heals.


I kept the gift buried deep inside my heart;
I lived my own life, ignored the voice inside 
The gift that wasn't mine wanted to run away; 
It woke me up each day pointing toward the sky, 
And whispered try, try you must at least try.


You see those hands stretched 
Hearts wide open
Eyes that wants to see beneath a shaded soul 
Ears that hopes to hear words that last a while 
They are all waiting for you to spread your wings and fly 
Try! Please try, you must at least try.


We all have a gift that is given to us by the most high that is unique and personal in its own way; however this gift is not for us to keep. It is given to us to share with others, to stay connected, to exchange, and to enrich other people’s life. By sharing this gift we could really make a difference in some one’s life. Your gift could inspire, give hope, wakeup someone who is a sleep, free someone who is imprisoned or simply bring a smile to another soul. We are like the sun that gives warmth to others, the moon that gives light, and the rivers that quenches thirst. What would the moon be if it kept its own light all to its self, what if the sun hides its heat, and the river stops being a river? The point is when we keep our God's given gift all to ourselves we lose our identity, we lose a sense of who we are, and most of all we lose the chance to show others our visible love.


 
As each has received a gift, use it to serve one another, as good stewards of God's varied grace:1 Peter 4:10

No comments:

Post a Comment