Tuesday, January 31, 2017

After The Rain Drops

After the rain drops you will remember me,
Because you've seen my tears;
Covering the ground with shiny droplets,
Steamy asphalt and grassy sweetness. 
You will look up and see the clouds 
Hung above you like washed out mirrors; 
Reflecting back my sorrow with white patches 
You will remember me when the sun disappears.




When you see the pain you have caused, 
Through lack of kindness and painful words 
One day you will say;
“If I only get one more chance 
Instead of war I would declare peace.
Oh how I wish 
To Touch your face and wipe your tears 
To embrace you with open arms
I would make your rainy eyes sparkle
Lift the clouds make your heart shine.”
 
What would happen? I wonder 
If your confession came a bit sooner;
Before the rain poured
Before the tears dropped
Before it is too late to mend my broken heart.
 
All I can say now is remember me 
When you see the rain drops
Tell the story of the clouds 
How they gathered
How they turned dark
How they promise to never look back.
 
When you cause pain to your loved ones and take them for granted you may not see the pain they go through passed their tears. Don't wait until it is too late to patch things up. Sometimes all it takes is a
Sincere apology and a warm hug to push back the rain and bring the sun back.

 If you are the one who is hurting… May you find hope through him who will always love you no matter what as he promised to wipe your tears and give you everlasting peace.
 "He will wipe away every tear from their eyes, and death shall be no more, neither shall there be mourning, nor crying, nor pain anymore, for the former things have passed away.” Revelation 21:4


Photo Credit: Bereket Mamo

No comments:

Post a Comment