Thursday, January 17, 2013

Tell them

Tell them how I wanted a house
A place I can call home,
It is not only a shelter;
But a human heart I can go under.
A hug I can count on,
A touch that would say I care;
A shoulder I can cry on,
Just someone my friend;
Just someone I would feel at home.

Tell them the sleepless nights,
The days the sun never comes out;
The weeks that drugged too slow,
The hours that dreads to go;
The darkness I feel inside,
How many times I said to myself;
Can someone show me a little light?
A little love my friend, a little hope.

Tell them how I looked brave on the outside,
But deep inside I am still a frightened child;
Who longed to have a real mother,
Or somewhat a mother figure
Who tells me I am safe and loved,
Who tucks me in bed and holds me tight;
And tells me; sleep tight, sleep well my child.


Tell them how many times I wash my self
to get rid of the dirt in my head,
How I am forced to have shower after shower;
In order to mask the stench in my mind,
How I feel dirty deep inside,
Covering myself in creams
Drowning my body in perfumes,
But the smell exists only in my imagination
It is the burden of memory that weighs me down.


You may say why should I tell them
Can’t you just tell them yourself?
Here is the reason why my friend...
I have no voice so I can't speak,
I may look alive but I am dead;
From years of suffering and pain,
From loss of love and loneliness;
From anger and human cruelness,
I am not alive, my voice is shut;
But I want the world to know about my past.
And so they could do something to change the fate,
The fate of others who suffers like me before it is too late...

I was inspired to write this poem after reading a book called " The road to lost innocence" by Somaly Mam  A true story of a Cambodian women who became a prostitute against her will and millions of women and children like her as young as a 5 and 6  years old who suffered unspeakable acts of brutality and  witnessed horror that would hunt them for the rest of their lives...there must be something each of us can do to change the fate of this children and women...please go to www.somaly.org to find out how you can help or to purchase her book I mentioned above.

Tears, prayers  and love to this beautiful souls...

"But you, O God do see trouble and grief; you consider it to take it in hand. The victim commits himself to you; you are the helper for the fatherless." Psalm 10:14 

Photo Credit: Petercation.co.uk, newameicanmedia.com,  Alessandra Sangutini, Patick Zachman,

6 comments:

  1. I have no words Negat, you are not only a poet but a person of big and warm heart. I see it in your poems. You are magnificent my dear! I am touched. How you express your self poetically is amazing usually such messages come in a form of article but poem, amazing! when I write a poem I will first send it to you to polish it for me. I hate my poems when I read yours!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so Much Leoul for always incouraging me and for your heart felt comments. I am humbled you like my pomes. I still think you write better poems than I do. May all the glory be to God as he uses each one of us in different ways for his purpose.

      Delete
  2. Wow! Very nice work!!! You have to be gifted to put together words that arrouse so much emmotions!

    Million,

    Ye Gejaw :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Million!!! I appreciate your comment! You are welcome to be a member by clicking on Join this sight on the top right hand corner of this page, so you can get updates :) I hope all is well with you. let's keep in touch!

    ReplyDelete